What is Appsmith
Organizations build internal applications (also known as admin tools or internal tools) such as dashboards, database GUIs, admin panels, approval apps, customer support tools, and more to help their teams perform specific tasks. Appsmith is an open source developer tool that helps the rapid creation of such internal tools.
Appsmith makes it easy to build a UI that talks to any datasource. You can create anything from simple CRUD apps to complicated multi-step workflows with the simple steps below:
- Connect Datasource: Integrate with a datasource such as a database or an API. Appsmith has plug-and-play support for many databases and the RESTful API interface to connect with most tools seamlessly.
- Build UI: Use customizable built-in widgets to build an app layout.
- Collaborate, Deploy, Share: Appsmith supports version control using Git to build apps in collaboration using branches to track and roll back changes. Deploy the app and share it with other users.
There are two ways of using Appsmith:
- Appsmith Cloud: Sign up for a free account and try Appsmith.
- Self-Host Appsmith: Deploy and manage Appsmith on your local machine or private server instance.
If you are new to Appsmith, this is the place to start:
Additional helpful documentation:
- If you need any help, contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have suggestions to help improve the documentation, please complete this short questionnaire.