What is Appsmith?
Appsmith is a low code, open-source developer tool to build internal applications quickly.
Build CRUD apps, Dashboards, Admin Panels, Dynamic Forms, and much more 10x faster.
How Appsmith Works
- Connect Datasource: Integrate with a datasource such as a database or an API. Appsmith has plug-and-play support for many databases and the RESTful API interface to connect with most tools seamlessly.
- Build UI: Use customizable built-in widgets to build an app layout quickly.
- Collaborate, Deploy, Share: Appsmith also supports version control with Git to track changes, create rollbacks and collaborate using git branches. Deploy the app and share it with other users.
You can build anything from simple CRUD apps to complicated multi-step workflows with these simple steps. Appsmith makes it easy to build a UI that talks to any datasource.
Got 2 minutes? Here's a video overview of Appsmith:
There are two ways of using Appsmith:
- Appsmith Cloud: Try Appsmith in our cloud environment. (Read about our data security).
- Self-Host Appsmith: Deploy and manage Appsmith on your local machine or private server instance.
If you are new to Appsmith, this is the place to start:
If you are an intermediate to advanced user, we recommend going through the topics below:
- Have a look at our FAQ and Troubleshooting section, and you might find your questions answered there.
- View our Guides and watch tutorials on YouTube.
- Report Bugs with Appsmith through Github issues.