This page provides steps to install Appsmith using an Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) account. If you don't have one, Create an AWS Account.
- An Amazon EC2 key pair. If you don't have one, Generate an SSH Key pair.
- An Amazon Security group with ports 80, 443, and 22 accessible. If you don't have one, Create a Security Group.
- To enable port access, add an inbound rule for the port ranges 80, 443, and 22 to the security group you created above.
- Ensure you have created the security group and the SSH key pair in the same region.
Follow these steps to install Appsmith using an Amazon Machine Image (AMI):
Go to the EC2 Dashboard.
Scroll down to the Launch instance section.
Click the Launch instance button, and select Launch instance.
On the Launch instance screen, scroll down to the Application and OS images(Amazon Machine Image) section.
Search for Appsmith in the search bar.
In the search results, click AWS Marketplace AMIs.
Select the image:
- To install the Community Edition, click on the Select button available on the right side of the Appsmith Community Edition image.
- To install the Business Edition, click on the Select button available on the right side of the Appsmith Business Edition image.
On the Launch an instance screen:
a. Configure the instance as below:
Attribute Value Name Give a desired name. Instance type A minimum
Key pair Select the Key pair you created in the Prerequisites section.
b. Scroll down to the Networking section, and configure as below:
Attribute Value Firewall (security groups) Select Select existing security group checkbox. Security groups Select the security group that you created in the Prerequisites section.
Keep the default selection for other fields.
Click the Launch Instance button. You see a launch status screen as shown below:
Follow these steps to verify the Appsmith installation:
a. On the Launch status screen, click the EC2 instance id available in the bracket.
b. Click the Instance ID to access the Instance Summary page.
c. Copy the Public IPv4 address available on the Instance Summary page.
d. Paste it in a browser tab and wait for the server to come up. It can take up to 5 minutes.
e. Once the server is up and running, you can see the login screen of Appsmith.
Follow these steps to log into the instance using default root admin credentials:
b. Find the password in one of the below ways:
SSH into your server using your private key and find the application credentials with:
sudo cat /home/ubuntu/appsmith/credential
Or review the system log, by selecting Get System Log from the Actions drop-down menu for your instance. The credentials are printed in the logs as shown below:Attention
The application password is only available in system logs for the initial 24 hours. It's recommended that create a new admin user and delete the
If you are on a Business Edition:
- Sign up on customer.appsmith.com and generate a trial license key.
- Enter your license key to activate the instance.
Some common errors that you may face during installation:
If you continue to face issues, contact the support team using the chat widget at the bottom right of this page.